The main reason for success of Rescue 1122 has been its transparent recruitment
system involving written, physical, skill and psychometric evaluation tests to select
right person for the right job. Furthermore, to ensure further transparency this
process has been outsourced to the National Testing Service (NTS). Rescue 1122 strictly
ensures merit and any person not clearing these tests or not fulfilling the criteria
is not called for interview. The recruitment process includes:-
1. Advertisement: All vacant posts sanctioned by the Finance Department,
Government of the Punjab are advertised in at least two leading national daily newspapers,
which include one Urdu and one English.
2. Application Form: The applications are received only on prescribed forms.
The forms of only those candidates who fulfill the criteria for that post are accepted
for further scrutiny.
3. Short Listing / Scrutiny of Applications: The applications accepted may
be subject to further scrutiny at any stage. Short-listing of applications is done
on preferred / enhanced criteria as per advertisement in case large numbers of applications
are received against any post.
4. Written test: All applicants duly short-listed shall be put to written
test and the candidates securing fifty percent marks shall be eligible for further
5. Physical Fitness & Medical Screening: All the applicants for various posts
in the Punjab Emergency Service have to go through a physical screening process
and any candidate with eye sight weaker than (6/18), over weight (Body Mass Index
more than 25) chest less than 33 inches, height less than 5'6'' and with Hepatitis
B, C, HIV & RPR are not eligible for selection. The final appointment is subject
to the medical fitness granted by the Medical Board. The physical test includes:
25 per minute
25 per minute
Running & Jumping
One Mile in 8 minutes
Male Officers above the age of 35 years and females have to complete one mile in
6. Skill Tests: The skill test is conducted for all technical post in which
an applicant shall have to score at least fifty percent to qualify for interviews.
These posts include Control Room Incharge, Audio Video Cameraman, Wireless Technician,
Computer Telephone Wireless Operator, Office Computer Operator, Specialized Vehicle
Operator, Electrical/ Tube-well Technician, Auto Electrician and Office clerk, Office
Attendant (Cook) and Driver etc.
7. Psychological Test/ Psychometric Evaluation: The candidates passing the
above stages shall be put to psychological test to assess their suitability.
8. Interviews: The candidates passing the above stages are finally interviewed
by the Provincial Recruitment/ Selection Committee comprising of members from independent
9. Training: The final selection of the candidate recommended by the Recruitment
Committee is subject to successful completion of training at the Emergency Services
Academy or the field depending on the nature of assignment.
10. Verification: The offer of appointment is subject to verification of
the antecedents/ police verification and educational documents of the candidate
attached with the application form used for seeking employment in the Service.
11. Recruitment Complaints Redressal Cell: Any query or complaint by the
applicants can be sent at National Testing Service at firstname.lastname@example.org and
to Rescue 1122 at PRO@rescue.gov.pk.